Alternator Service in Houston, TX
Your car’s alternator is crucial for keeping your Mazda’s battery functioning properly. Our Houston Mazda dealership near you wants to make sure your vehicle is ready to hit the road by assisting with any alternator or battery issues you may have. We invite our neighbors in Houston, Sugarland, Katy, Jersey Village, and Cypress to visit Jeff Haas Mazda’s Service Center for assistance from our experienced service technicians.
What Does An Alternator Do?
Your car’s alternator keeps your car on while the engine is running by converting mechanical energy into electricity. The alternator provides power while you’re driving or idling to electrical components like your lights, power windows, radio, dashboard, and windshield wipers. It also helps keep the battery charged.
Warning Signs of an Alternator Issue
Although an alternator should last most of your car’s life, regular wear and tear, weather damage, overuse, and parts issues can cause issues that need to be addressed. Knowing what to look for when it comes to a bad alternator can help prevent further complications.
An alternator is a generator that converts mechanical energy into electricity for your Mazda car or SUV to use in order to continually recharge your battery. In the absence of this power supply, your car battery’s power reserve would be insufficient to maintain your Mazda’s electrical system while traveling. There are a few warning signs you can look for yourself, including:
- Difficulty Starting Car, Stalling, or Dead Battery – a bad alternator won’t charge your battery while the car is running. If you find that your battery dies often even after a jumpstart, your alternator may be malfunctioning.
- Dim or Overly Bright Lights – Lights that are too dim, too bright, or flickering may be a sign that your alternator is no longer providing sufficient power to your electronic components.
- Malfunctioning or Non-Working Accessories – A failing alternator will not provide enough voltage to keep accessories working smoothly so if you notice that your windshield wipers are moving slowly or unusually or your windows are taking a while to go up or down, it could be an alternator issue.
- Growling or Whining Sounds – A growling or whining sound may occur when the alternator belt becomes misaligned.
- Burning Smell – With constant wear and tear, the belt system that works with the alternator may be causing an unpleasant burning odor if it’s misaligned or malfunctioning.
Ready to schedule a service appointment? Jeff Haas Mazda is here to assist our Houston, Sugarland, Katy, Jersey Village, and Cypress neighbors with any maintenance needs. Visit our Mazda dealership at 16711 Katy Freeway, Houston, TX 77094 or call us at 713-932-6004. You can also check out our service and parts coupons online now.